Friday, August 25, 2006
almost...
Tonight I had grand plans for a blog post (finally!) that would celebrate the printing and binding of my dissertation.

I should have known something had to go wrong.

I was on track as far as proofreading and bibliography-collating goes, getting closer to the printing stage with every moment. I had even finally figured out which paper to use (thanks to Dona), after days of deliberation (erm... procrastination?).

And yet here I am, with my dissertation still on my computer but not yet on my bookshelf.

*Sigh*

Stupid printer.

The thing had been printing in a kind of reddish tint on draft ever since I changed the black cartridge earlier this week, but I figured that would change when I set it on proper quality. Silly me. I changed the colour cartridge because it was out, and then started printing. Everything came out pink. Even the black text had pink rims.

So lots of calling Dad in desperation and running to Staples to spend a fortune on more cartridges (luckily it stopped there and I didn’t end up buying a new printer... although to be honest that would have been cheaper than buying two ink cartridges – no logic there) we are up and running again. Alas, not within print shop hours.

With all the dashing to and from Staples and printing out mounds of test pages, I still have to finish my abstract. Oddly enough it’s proving the hardest bit, I suppose because it’s the very last thing and is meant to epitomise the entire argument.

What was I arguing again?

On a much happier note, Dona started her own blog today. Yay!

So, despite the fact that I haven’t actually or officially finished the dissertation yet, I am going to celebrate by putting on my socks (because socks are good), and getting a little bit prematurely bouncy.
 
posted by Anna at 6:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: