Thursday, November 02, 2006
after interview thoughts
Interview complete, I have returned home gratefully to a warm and cozy house to sit on a comfortable sofa with a cat and a cup of tea. This is the life!

The interview went quite well, actually. I was impressed with the company, and although from the outside the building is nothing special, the offices inside seem to be quite nice. I was blown away to discover that, if offered the position, I would have my own office. It would be an amazing opportunity to enter straight into an Assistant Editor position. I was pleased to learn that this isn't just some clever word-play to embellish the "Editorial Assistant" title; I would be doing editorial work rather than administrative duties, which is a bonus.

It's funny how we inevitably conjure up images of dragonic creatures as interviewers before the ominous appointment, only to be faced with real human beings. The two women who interviewed me were extremely friendly (and very young; I have to admit to being surprised.)

I would like to second Dona's complaints about the temperature. It's FREEZING! I'm so completely cold, I can't stand it. I can't wait to hop on a plane (the week after next, and I still haven't got dates for the Southern Progress interviews so I can't book tickets yet!) I can't wait to be in the sunshine again, even if it is getting cooler in Mississippi.

When I returned home there was an envelope from Harvard waiting for me. A graduate brochure. Is this a sign?
 
posted by Anna at 12:25 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At 12:24 AM, Blogger lorinb79

    It may very well be a sign. Now you just have to figure out what the signified is. Congratulations on your interview going well!

     
  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger Dona

    congrats, anna- you're a freakin' star.
    may i suggest though that if you were slightly less awesome, decision-making might be made more easy, as everyone wouldn't be fighting to get a piece of you. of course then you'd have to decide in what way you'd downgrade the kick-assness, and really that would be a painful decision in itself.
    it's a hard life for the the irrestistably employable.
    yay for anna! and yay for anna blogging about the yayness!
    dona

     
  • At 4:17 AM, Blogger Brian Sibley

    What kind of an answer is "loyal", you ask... Well, quite a good one, I'd say! :-)

    Good luck...