Tuesday, July 11, 2006
coffee. but not coffee.
Tomorrow I get a coffee break. How pathetic is it that I look forward to a coffee break a day in advance? Actually, it’s more than that, since I looked forward to it yesterday, too.

But in my defence, it is a coffee break that involves company. And going out. To a coffee place. Exciting.

Of course, I do it every week. But it’s still fun.

So Lori and I are going to meet Dona for coffee tomorrow. Actually, that’s a lie. As Dona pointed out, we’re going out to a coffee establishment to drink drinks that aren’t coffee, since none of us drink coffee. So I suppose that would mean that we are going out for drinks. But that suggests something more formal – a soiree, with “drinks” (said with raised eyebrows, implying things like cocktails and lipstick). This is just coffee. Without the coffee. I’ll most likely be going out for tea, while Lori and Dona might go out for hot chocolate. But that suggests that I’ll be going somewhere different, and that would be lonely. So we’ll settle on that linguistic misnomer of “coffee,” which doesn’t actually mean coffee. So there.

Eleanor can’t come. I feel terrible about this. I sent her an email inviting her, and she thought the email had arrived yesterday and that I was inviting her for today (got that?), which I suppose meant that she walked all the way into town, got to Costa, waited, and we didn’t show up. Isn’t that terrible? Poor Eleanor, sitting there alone, waiting for us, probably thinking what terrible friends we were to just leave her stranded like that.

There is absolutely no point to this post, apart from the fact that I should be taking a shower before going to bed, and at about 10 p.m. a little bug kicks in that won’t let me just get things like showers over with before going to bed. So it gets late, and I ramble, and then I kick myself when I finally do get to bed and it is after midnight and I realise that I’m terrible at keeping time and at this rate I’ll never be beautiful.

Okay. Done.
 
posted by Anna at 6:38 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: