Monday, May 12, 2008
daddy's little girl
I have a picture of my Dad and me on my desk. We're sitting side by side on a huge fluffy white rug in the middle of our old living room at 5 Hillside; I'm not quite sure how old I was. I love it because it sums up so much about my relationship with my Dad. Behind us, there's a toy kitchen set: a proper little girl's dream. But it is abandoned for a book, which lies on the floor beside my Dad. There he is, legs outstretched in front of him and ankles crossed, hands tucked under his knees. There I am, in the same position, looking slightly off-camera. I want to be just like my Daddy, and, although he's looking directly at the camera and not at me, there is a hint of amusement on his face: he loves his little girl.

I still want to be just like my Dad when I grow up.


 
posted by Anna at 12:19 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: