Tuesday, May 06, 2008
oh yes we can
All eyes are on North Carolina (oh... and Indiana) as we roll into yet another one of what CNN refers to as those days that could change the state of this Presidential Primary Race once and for all. I'm not that deluded, but I have been caught up in the hype. Despite missing Michelle Obama's Durham talk due to my week-from-hell of sickness and IV needles, and even though someone thoughtlessly forgot to issue my invitation to the RTP invitation-only event Barack held in Durham today (he apparently stopped by a local cafe unannounced and bought everyone pound cake. Give me pound cake as an incentive over a few cents of gas relief any day!), I did get back on my feet enough to join in the spirit and do my part to get out the vote today. Anne Marie, Maggie, and I went door-to-door in North Durham sporting cheerful smiles and Obama door "putters" (no... not door "hangers," since they have no holes for hanging, we were told. These are door "putters") and braved the "BEWARE DOG!" signs for a good cause. A life-list moment.


In other news, my car is now a North Carolina car. It feels much more at home. It even behaved and left its little check engine light off long enough to get itself a nice fancy inspection sticker in the corner of its windscreen. I'm proud.
 
posted by Anna at 12:22 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: