Monday, August 06, 2007
naming
Today I went for a picnic with my mother in the shadow of Salisbury cathedral. On a rug not far from us two women sat knitting and watching their children run barefoot through the bright green grass. Whenever they strayed too far, knitting needles were laid to rest, just for a moment, and a cry of "Barnaby! Felix!" reached the trees and the cold grey stone.

Barnaby? Felix?

I read an article in The Times last week about the correlation between a name and career success. "Naming consultants" can be hired to pick out a name best suited to get your child into Oxbridge.

This wasn't actually what I thought as I sat eating my tabouleh on the lawn. In my mind were two future kittens asleep at my feet while I read a book. Barnaby and Felix. Perfect.
 
posted by Anna at 11:09 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: